Start with proper milking procedures. The procedures listed here are suggested. You should always consult your veterinarian about the best practices for your herd.
Suggested best practices.
- Dry wipe any debris from the teats of the cow
- Dip or spray each teat.
- Massage each teat
- Strip each teat, check for flecks of milk that indicate infection.
- Dip or spray each teat again
- Wait 60 to 90 seconds for let down
- Dry each teat with a clean towel, one per cow. Towel should be moved in a twisting motion from the top of the teat pulling downward.
- Be sure to clean the tip of each teat.
- Attach milking unit
- Position the hose support. See examples on the following Pages.
- After the milking unit is detached apply a good post dip. Be sure to completely cover the teat with the dip.